Fin Rot? Something Odd With German Gold Ram

DanniD

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi all,

I just noticed that my male ram has some issues with his analfin. I'm not really sure what this is but I noticed it yesterday and then today it was a little worse. It even looks like there's a small piece falling off. He seems to be ok... Very active and eating very well (live and frozen foods)

Anyone know what this is? I know the image is not super great but I tried my best.

Temp 82
Ph: 6.4
Ammonia/Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5-10

Attachments

DanniD

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You're absolutely sure it's fin rot? I know it's hard to tell. Unfortunately I don't have a QT tank so I'd have to does the whole tank. Probably with Melafix since I also have otos in the tank and I've read they can't take any salt :/

shinbruise

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
DanniD said:
You're absolutely sure it's fin rot? I know it's hard to tell. Unfortunately I don't have a QT tank so I'd have to does the whole tank. Probably with Melafix since I also have otos in the tank and I've read they can't take any salt :/
I'm not 100% certain, it could be due to a lot of nipping from other fish.

are there any aggressive fish in the tank, or have you witnessed any sparring or fighting between him and tank mates? if so this could be a possibility.

other than that, fin rot is the most likely possibility.

dosing the whole tank isn't the best idea as far as effectivity, it should be fine for the other fish.

DanniD

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
No I haven't noticed any nipping or aggression... Only other tank mates are chocolate gouramis and otocinclus and they all coexist very peacefully.

Thanks for the help!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom