Fin Rot Or Not?

Argelis james

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’ve had this little guy for 4 months he keeps coming down with fin rot no matter how clean I keep his water or what I treat it with. Now his fins are tattered again. This happened literally over night. I don’t know what to do anymore.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They look more ripped then fin rot. if its overnight that this happened its ripped, photo of the tank? Any sharp decor, rocks,plants?

Argelis james

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have gravel at the bottom and a small soft plant. He likes to hang out by the filter and heater though. I don’t have any decor other than the plant yet.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Argelis james said:
I have gravel at the bottom and a small soft plant. He likes to hang out by the filter and heater though. I don’t have any decor other than the plant yet.
hmm, photo still will be nice. Whats the tank size?

Argelis james

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It’s a 3 gallon tank. Yes I know they should at least have 5 gallons swimming space the tank is a hand me down and I can’t afford a 5 gallon at the moment

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Argelis james said:
It’s a 3 gallon tank. Yes I know they should at least have 5 gallons swimming space the tank is a hand me down and I can’t afford a 5 gallon at the moment

Is the plant on the bottom a plastic or silk plant? Looks like it could rip up his fins if it is plastic. I do suggest getting a tank thats wider then taller as it is harder for bettas to swim farther up to get air.

AnnaP

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CanadianFishFan said:
Is the plant on the bottom a plastic or silk plant? Looks like it could rip up his fins if it is plastic. I do suggest getting a tank thats wider then taller as it is harder for bettas to swim farther up to get air.
I agree. It could be the plant. You can try to get a live plant or a Marimo ball.

Argelis james

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom