Fin rot or fin nip

WRWAquarium

I'm not sure so consider this a bump.

You definately have some potential fin nippers there. Danios are known for it, mollies and rummy nose potentially, angels have the capacity. Not sure about siamese algae eaters either.

Upvote 0

Oakvillehob

I'm not sure so consider this a bump.

You definately have some potential fin nippers there. Danios are known for it, mollies and rummy nose potentially, angels have the capacity. Not sure about siamese algae eaters either.
Thanks. I am setting something similar with my other guppy too. I created a separate guppy tank and these can go there but I am afraid transferring them now if they have fin rot. I don’t have a quarantine tank but don’t mind setting something up in a small bucket.

Upvote 0

wintryfish

It looks like nipping, but I can't tell if it has a white edge to it? If it does, I'd assume it's fin rot. Look for general behaviors too, seeing is believing. If you set up a quarantine tank, it needs to be cycled, heated and have a filter. If you have an already cycled filter for your tank that would be ideal!
(You may find people telling you to treat fin rot with Aquarium Salt! I definitely would if you set up a quarantine tank, but I wouldn't if you were treating the entire aquarium. Cory's are sensitive lil buggers when it comes to salt.)

Upvote 0

GuppyGal7

Thanks. I am setting something similar with my other guppy too. I created a separate guppy tank and these can go there but I am afraid transferring them now if they have fin rot. I don’t have a quarantine tank but don’t mind setting something up in a small bucket.
If multiple guppies are showing signs than its definitely nipping. If this new tank you've set up is empty, there's no harm in moving them now. You just need to treat the finrot before adding new fish.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishproblem
Replies
Views
michaelsf90
Replies
Views
Fishowner24
Replies