Fin Rot In Betta?

1. M

Miche_Shell97 New Member Member

Hello,
    I just bought a Beta yesterday at a local pet store. He was in one of those tiny cups and I had a small 2 gallon tank set up and cycled so I brought him home. After careful inspection his fins seem to be outlined in black and I'm wondering if it is fin rot. The water parameters seem to be fine and he has been in my tank for less than 24 hours so Im pretty sure if he does have something wrong he came this way from the store. I don't know much about betta fish but I want to make sure he is healthy before getting him into a bigger tank where he would be harder to treat.

Attached Files:

2. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

Oh that's a beautiful betta! I think for the most part it's just coloration, but he looks to have a touch of something, either finrot or tail nipping, on the top of his dorsal. At this point, it's definitely something that came from the store. I'd do 25-50% daily water changes for about a week, because if it is fin rot it's a very early stage, and simply doing daily water changes could heal it. They're a pain, but they do help

3. butterflylanding

butterflylanding New Member Member

I agree, lots of 50% water changes for now and add Indian almond leaf tea to his tank. It will color the water brownish but will help with his transition and with his immune system.

4. OP
    OP
    M

Miche_Shell97 New Member Member

Thank you so much! Here’s to hooding it doesn’t get worse.