Fin Rot? Ick/Ich? Nipping? Normal??

glofish2

Hello everyone. I have a blue short-finned glofish tetra and a yellow long-finned glofish tetra living together in a 10 gallon tank. I am moving soon (which is why I am waiting to add more tetras). I wonder if they’re sick, if they’re fighting, or there’s nothing wrong.
Water parameters:
Nitrate: 20 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Hardness: 200 ppm (water has always been hard)
Chlorine: 0 ppm
Alkalinity: 170 ppm
pH: 7.2
Ammonia: .5 ppm

Before pictures:

114D4F1D-BE02-402B-AD14-0EB2452502EC.jpeg
D74247DB-E05C-44D6-A8BA-197284F25958.jpeg

Pictures from today:

CEBEF377-50CB-4486-9595-1609D3BE77F2.jpeg
B031D457-9DDE-40D0-B44C-C901C47F10EF.jpeg
FC135E9D-736C-4198-8527-30825954A7F3.jpeg
I hope you can see the big difference in the yellow long-fin and the small bit on the top fin of the blue short-finned.
Are they just stressed??
IMPORTANT NOTE: I thought initially that the yellow glofish had fin rot and did treat the tank with E.M. Erythromycin (2/17/2020 - 2/22/2020). Back then the blue looked perfectly fine. Thank you in advance for the help

Deku-Cory

I think they're nipping each other, Glo Tetras are White Skirt Tetras, which are known to be nippy when kept in too small of numbers. Getting more of them should resolve the issue, and keeping the water clean will help them heal up. In the meantime, you could try rearranging and adding decor to break up lines of sight so they don't see each other all the time, it cuts down on aggression.

CoryBoi

I think they're nipping each other, Glo Tetras are White Skirt Tetras, which are known to be nippy when kept in too small of numbers. Getting more of them should resolve the issue, and keeping the water clean will help them heal up. In the meantime, you could try rearranging and adding decor to break up lines of sight so they don't see each other all the time, it cuts down on aggression.
I agree, and did you cycle the tank? The ammonia should never be heigher than 0 in a cycled tank.

glofish2

I agree, and did you cycle the tank? The ammonia should never be heigher than 0 in a cycled tank.

Yeah I’ve had this tank since August of last year. I’m going to clean it and rearrange the decor we are moving this Friday so hopefully they can stop hurting each other meanwhile. Thank you though!

CoryBoi

Yeah I’ve had this tank since August of last year. I’m going to clean it and rearrange the decor we are moving this Friday so hopefully they can stop hurting each other meanwhile. Thank you though!
then you need to figure out why you have ammonia present.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
glofish2
Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
ggxoxo
Replies
Views