Fin Rot I Think??

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by haley9899, Apr 20, 2018.

1. haley9899New MemberMember

Hi guys
    I've had my betta for around 3 or 4 months and hes been fine, around a month ago there was a crazy ammonia spike in the tank. The fish didn't seem too stressed but I cleaned the tank daily and have finally brought it down to around 0.25ppm however in the last week his fins have rotted away ri almost half what they were before (see pictures) he is still active and eating as normal just his fins look awful. Is this just the aftermath of the ammonia or could it be something else?

2. Harvster10

Harvster10Valued MemberMember

It’s hard to be sure because of the colour of the fish, but the fins do look frayed. I am currently treating one of my angelfish and his his fins sort of loose colour and turn sort of white. If the discolouring starts to move up towards the body then yes he does have finrot.

3. OP
    OP
    h

haley9899New MemberMember

You can see what his fins used to be like if you look at the bottom of his fins that go from pink/purple to white, the bit that is frayed is missing all of the white! Will his fins go back to normal without treating him if the tank levels are good??

4. Harvster10

Harvster10Valued MemberMember

I would probably treat anyway. I recommend Esha 2000 it only costs
    Like £5

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice