fin rot HELP

sue

Reaction score
Hi all

One of my head and tail light tetra's has fin rot straight after having whitespot. He looked fine this morning apart from the fin rot but this afternoon he doesn't look well at all he's at the top of the tank in the corner all by himself and he keeps tilting to one side im afraid he looks likes he's on his way out what can i do to help him. I'm new to all this and any help is much appreciated. thank you all in advance

sue

Reaction score
Ive just been to check on my tetra and i found another tetra picking on the poorly one its like he's stalking him and every couple of secs he's swimming upto the poorly one and it looks like he's trying to eat his fins now he is staying up in the corner at the top of the tank and wont come out. please help i don't no what todo. :'(

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
When a fish is weak, the other fish pick up on it and go after him. Can you isolate him in a breeing net, or do you have a hospital tank? What he probably needs after recovering from ich, is some extremely clean water, and rest without worrying about being attacked.

sue

Reaction score
Hi Gunnie

Thank you for your help, but unfortunately when i got up this morning the poorly head and tail light tetra had died...

I don't have a hospital tank ive got my old goldfish tank which is plastic would it be possible to set that up as a hospital tank? not sure what i need for an isolation tank, but i am going to get a breeding net just in case it happens again.

I have also noticed tonight that one of my h&t lights is being the bully in the tank and picking on the other h&t lights do u think it would be a good idea to isolate the bully till the other h&t lights get a bit bigger i bought them all at the same time but the four i have left are different. 2 are long and slim and 2 are more rounded with a shorter tail not sure why?

any help will be much appreciated thanks sue

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom