Fin Rot, did i do the right thing!?

TeddyMcFishboii

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here and searching for some help and advice. Just to give ya a little back story and info on my situation, I have a 7inch golden dojo loach, Teddy, whom I've had about 2 years. I have 4 small goldfish in with him and I'm running a 55gal tank with a 100gal capacity canister filter. Im on well water and I've tested it and we are spot on with pH and alkaline etc. I noticed something was off last night and confirmed my worries this am when he did not want to eat. I observed him and saw he had fin rot on his tail fin and front right fin. I immediately took him out and started a complete tank water change and cleaning. I cleaned the stones, his logs, scrubbed the glass, and did a complete water change. Separated all but his 1 eyed goldfish friend from him and placed them both back in along with treating the water with Bacterial Infection Remedy I got from Petco, which specifically says it treats fin rot. I'm just hoping I did the correct things in time. I can't believe I just noticed the damage today! He was acting fine till last night 4/4/20. He is my baby. I absolutely adore him he is a member of the family. Help me fishy gurus!!! Did I do the right things!?
20200405_181653.jpg
20200405_181743.jpg

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
When you said you did a complete water change do you mean you did a 100% water change??

New Threads