fin rot best treatment??

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
i have a platy that is looks like the start of fin rot has begun near his tail fin. i am currently treating the tank for ich-- the temp has been raised and just reached 85. but i am wondering if he will make it that long-- what is the best treatement or medication for fin rot?? and will it harm my other fish to do another treatment?? i think he is one from the new batch lastweekend, two of which from that batch i already lost to infection. I hate my LFS frustrated-- LILA

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Do you have another tank you can put him in? One of the best things for fin rot is lots of water changes to keep the water extra clean. You could also add salt to the water if he was in his own tank.

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
that is what i thought -- i've been reading about quarantine tanks but we don't have another tank-- i hate to lose two more fish now that another one is beginnig to look like it starting-- is fin rot something that will spread to other fish?? should i be worried about that as well?? any help would be great-- LILA

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Start treatment of some kind immediately in the tank. If the other fish are showing signs it's definately time to do something. Once they start showing signs, they don't last long without treatment.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom