fin rot again- jungle lab fungus clear question

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
grim has a hole in his tail fin I'm going to start treatment NOW with JLFC, I was wondering if I cut a tablet in half to treat a five gallon tank, or if I used the whole tablet? thanks!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think breaking it in half would be the way to go.. i'm not sure what effect a double-dose would have on grim. Wear disposable gloves and break the tablet over the water so any tiny bits fall in & get used, then you can save the other half for future use, should you need to before it expires.

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I would not have thought to wear gloves

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Timesdragonfly said:
Thank you! I would not have thought to wear gloves
I only do because of the warning on it that it contains a cancer-causing ingredient (according to california).. so just playing it safe with the disposable gloves when coming into contact with the stuff. Might be totally unnecessary though.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A lot of fish meds contain that same warning about cancer causing agents and I just use my bare hands and then go wash them good. California has more stuff labeled than any other state and would label baby food if they could. I am sorry to say I believe them to be a bit anal about the whole thing and as long as you are not eating or forgeting to wash your hands after handling the stuff you are perfectly safe.

Rose

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
chickadee said:
A lot of fish meds contain that same warning about cancer causing agents and I just use my bare hands and then go wash them good. California has more stuff labeled than any other state and would label baby food if they could. I am sorry to say I believe them to be a bit anal about the whole thing and as long as you are not eating or forgeting to wash your hands after handling the stuff you are perfectly safe.

Rose
I did start to wonder if our precautions were unnecessary when i saw that warning on something ridiculous.. like a piece of decoration or air pump or something not med-related and you make valid points. I think we'll just do what you are doing and let california have fun labelling everything as cancer-causing. thank God they haven't started labelling their fruit & veggies that way.. yet.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom