Fin Regrowth

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Stubborn fin rot.. i hope no more will rot off and if you do see anymore, then maybe it would be time for another course of fungus clear. how many times has Dory gotten a dose of fungus clear? If it's a lot, maracyn-2 or trisulfa might be a better course of action. Best of luck with Dory & see what the longtime Betta owners say.

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
antisen said:
I may have spoken too soon. Today I noticed some of the new growth near the bottom of his tail has started to rot away. Right now I am doing a 50% water change, and I am considering putting him back on the Jungle Fungus Clear.

I just hope I don't lose all the progress I've made.
Anitsen...Neptune is same as Dory, heal, lose some more fin,heal. However, I noticed the top of his tail fin is healed, there is still some redness ont he bottom part. Usually it seems it is that red part that falls away, and then healing begins. I started him on a course of Maracyn Plus today - chosen due to ease of use -treat day 1 - 3 -5. It is liquid and added directly to H20. I treated with AmQuel Plus yesterday, following a small water change. It is a frustrating condition to deal with, but as long as I see progress I have hope. Should be picking up ZymBac on Friday, and won't start that until Monday, since meds end on Sunday. Will be interesting.

It is interesting to see what works for some and under what conditions. I fell it is better in my case to not be doing the water changes every day with the uncycled tank- meaning less stressful for Neptune. Mostly I am happy that I finally feel comfortable treating him!

Best of luck with Dory..Neptune & I will follow his progress

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have trouble finding Maracyn+ (and ZymBac Freshwater) for that matter in our little town.. I think i need to go to the bank for a loan to buy everything on our shopping list for the DFS site. Please let us know how the Maracyn+ does for Neptune - hope it's the final kick to knock the fin rot off him.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom