Fin nipping caused by aggression?

joji123

I got my beta in the beginning of the year and he has huge fins. A few months went by and as he got bigger I noticed huge chunks gone from his fins overnight. Eventually I realized he was biting his fins. Since then it hasn’t gotten better. He’s in a five gallon cycled tank and Although he is not showing signs of fin rot his fins have gotten drastically smaller. His top fin is almost torn off. Otherwise he is still very active and extremely aggressive and eats fine. I assume it’s from aggression but I’m not sure how to fix that. My tank is bare at the moment bc I ran out of Indian almond leaves and I need to get more live plants. (I had him in small container to more easily take the photos)
My tank still has a filter a heater a thermometer two hidey houses and some plants it isn’t completely bare

Sokamix

I got my beta in the beginning of the year and he has huge fins. A few months went by and as he got bigger I noticed huge chunks gone from his fins overnight. Eventually I realized he was biting his fins. Since then it hasn’t gotten better. He’s in a five gallon cycled tank and Although he is not showing signs of fin rot his fins have gotten drastically smaller. His top fin is almost torn off. Otherwise he is still very active and extremely aggressive and eats fine. I assume it’s from aggression but I’m not sure how to fix that. My tank is bare at the moment bc I ran out of Indian almond leaves and I need to get more live plants. (I had him in small container to more easily take the photos)
My tank still has a filter a heater a thermometer two hidey houses and some plants it isn’t completely bare
Can you show us a pic of your tank and fill this out please? Aquatic Emergency Template | Freshwater Fish Disease and Fish Health Forum | 376562

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mindy3
Replies
Views
Repolie
  • Question
Replies
Views
bettafairy
  • Question