20 Gallon Tank Filtration

RomeoOscar

Hey..
I need some tips for a cheap tank.
I have a 20 liter tank, my grandma's which I'm gonna upgrade to my old 84 liter tank.
I don't have money at the moment but have a lot of spare parts. I have the heater and the light. 2 internal filters of 250 liters/hour
Couldn't this be enough?
Can I do something to improve filtration? For instance the 20L one has one of those 250L/H with the out hose pointing to a container filled with ceramics (recicled old filter parts)... So I'm thinking, maybe use the same filters but instead fill something like a breeder box with ceramics, which would be roughly the same ammount of ceramics I had in my HOB filter in this tank... So then I direct the out tube to the ceramics breeder box.... Could this work? At a 500L/h filtration rate.

The tank has endlers, red cherry and a bunch of snails. I might add one or other fish like some pigmy corys or something like that... Not too many fish

Gh05t

Sounds fine to me...many people build filters out of common things. One of my favorite DIY filters is the plastic planter box sump which sits above the aquarium and plants are grown in coarse(usually lava type) media. Some people make internal filters using plastic bottles hooked to pumps. Really your 2 internal 250l/h filters may be enough on their own. Id just place one on each end of the tank.

RomeoOscar

Gh05t said:
Sounds fine to me...many people build filters out of common things. One of my favorite DIY filters is the plastic planter box sump which sits above the aquarium and plants are grown in coarse(usually lava type) media. Some people make internal filters using plastic bottles hooked to pumps. Really your 2 internal 250l/h filters may be enough on their own. Id just place one on each end of the tank.
Yeah probably would be enough, but they only have sponge. No room for any ceramics. That one hydroponics thing is definitely interesting I could probably try that not sure if I have enough room. This will be in the kitchen so it's already hard to fit in this big tank lol but I could connect a hose from the internal filter to the box outside and gravity does the rest... Thanks that is interesting. Ive got some lava rocks I could crush to make some sort of substrate for the plants

Top Bottom