27.3%
  5. Wet/Dry Trickle filter

0.8%
  6. Multiple filters

20.7%
  7. Other

3.3%
  1. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Please vote for the type filtration you use!

2. joe Member Member

3. fishfreak Member Member

yes it is a power filter if u look to the right u can see a motor housing on it. ;)

4. joe Member Member

thanks fishfreak

5. fishfreak Member Member

welcome ;)

6. Angela_96 Fishlore VIP Member

Wait.. I missed the "multiple filters option" I have on all tanks a penguin biowheel filter and on my 2 larger tanks a eheim ecco on each

7. Peterpiper Well Known Member Member

Love the caniser filter, easy to clean, swap media's

8. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

Most of my tanks have multiple filters. All have either a HOB or an internal filter (Whisper "i" series). One also has a UGF powered with a powerhead. Another has a refugium setup, and another has enough plants that it could probably run filter-less.

9. sgould Well Known Member Member

Power filter on the fresh tank. Whisper brand.

10. Angela_96 Fishlore VIP Member

thats what I love about my eheim eccos, they are so easy to take care of!

11. nickf5 Initiate Member

12. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Power filter hangs on the outside back of the tank and a canister is usually hidden outside underneath
    Carol

13. nickf5 Initiate Member

thnx

14. zeddy Member Member

i use different kind of filters depending on wich tank. my sw im curently building a sump, my cichlid tank has power and ugf and my community tanks have power filters

15. Allie Fishlore VIP Member

We have a canister for our 120g and HOB/power filters on the rest multiple on some tanks.

16. susitna-flower Well Known Member Member

All my tanks have UGFs with powerheads, my 125 also has an Eheim 2028, and one 55 has a powerhead on the UGF and a HOB filter, the 55g shrimp tank has two HOB filters, one is drawing water from the UGF.

The only frustrating thing about my set up are the MTS snails that get into the filters...this can't be good for the filters, and I know it must be traumatic for the snails....:;dk

17. beginnerfishlover Initiate Member

I have a Tetra Whisper filter that is in-tank. I'm guessing it's considered a power filter, but I'm not sure. And on my next tank, I'm definetly going to get a filter that is on the outside of the tank. :)

18. ThisGuy Member Member

I had an under gravel filter and took it out when i went heavily planted and upgraded the light substrate and co2. I have an Eheim 2215 and half a dozen HOB filters of various makes and models the one i really want to get and try on my next tank is a biowheel i have heard good things and they look like a neat toy. They were on sale the other day $10 off and i was so tempted to buy one just to try it out.

19. napoleon wrasse queen Initiate Member

I love my penguin bio-wheel 250!!! :;perfect

20. emilai333 Member Member

I use a power filter on my big goldie tank, but for the safety of fry and small fish am using corner/box filters in the little tanks, so I chose corner filters because I have more of those.

Also, corner filters run on air pumps, and I literally have more air pumps than I have tanks. I swear I only bought one, and one came from a friend... the other 4 I can't account for.