Filtration Question

Lakemontfishlover

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 10 gallon aquarium with 9 baby platys and two albino catfish. I keep this tank going for raising babies. In this tank I have a small filter going and a sponge filter in the corner going. I have another sponge filter in there to keep for emergency hospital tank I don’t have any sick fish to date. Is it ok to have three filters going in this baby tank. All babies do is eat and potty so I was hoping three filters would be ok? Any thoughts? I just broke down the hospital tank and put the other filter in there.

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a 10 gallon aquarium with 9 baby platys and two albino catfish. I keep this tank going for raising babies. In this tank I have a small filter going and a sponge filter in the corner going. I have another sponge filter in there to keep for emergency hospital tank I don’t have any sick fish to date. Is it ok to have three filters going in this baby tank. All babies do is eat and potty so I was hoping three filters would be ok? Any thoughts? I just broke down the hospital tank and put the other filter in there.
It will be fine. You really cant overfilter.

Mr. Kgnao

Valued Member
Reaction score
I usually run a single sponge filter at a slow trickle in grow out tanks, the idea being not to force the fry to burn through calories fighting against the current. But in reality I colony breed most everything, so I obviously don't think it's a huge deal.

Lakemontfishlover

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I usually run a single sponge filter at a slow trickle in grow out tanks, the idea being not to force the fry to burn through calories fighting against the current. But in reality I colony breed most everything, so I obviously don't think it's a huge deal.
Great idea, I will turn the bubble flow back on the foam filters, Thank You!

Top Bottom