Filtration Question For A 5 Gallon Aqueon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob thompson

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I am looking to upgrade my filtration due to the fact that I plan on keeping a single dwarf puffer in an heavily planted 5 gallon aqueon mini bow. It is fully cycled and has been for almost two years and have had various fish in it that I grew out and trasfered to my 65 gallon medium community tank. I am currantly growing out a very young a featherfinned synodonis catfish and after that I plan on have the final fish for my tank a single dwarf puffer. have already done extensive research on the care needed for them so no need to explain how messy they are, that's why i'm upgrading the filter. I have narrowed my choices of filters to replace the aqueon to two filter systems. the first is the zoomed nano 10 mini canister filter. the second is the fluval 106 canister filter. I would rather run the fluval canister since I would have a lot more freedom with filter material option than I would have with the zoo med canister I am just wondering if the gallon per hour rate of the 106 would be too harsh for the dwarf puffer and create too strong a currant. any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Zigi Zig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am looking to upgrade my filtration due to the fact that I plan on keeping a single dwarf puffer in an heavily planted 5 gallon aqueon mini bow. It is fully cycled and has been for almost two years and have had various fish in it that I grew out and trasfered to my 65 gallon medium community tank. I am currantly growing out a very young a featherfinned synodonis catfish and after that I plan on have the final fish for my tank a single dwarf puffer. have already done extensive research on the care needed for them so no need to explain how messy they are, that's why i'm upgrading the filter. I have narrowed my choices of filters to replace the aqueon to two filter systems. the first is the zoomed nano 10 mini canister filter. the second is the fluval 106 canister filter. I would rather run the fluval canister since I would have a lot more freedom with filter material option than I would have with the zoo med canister I am just wondering if the gallon per hour rate of the 106 would be too harsh for the dwarf puffer and create too strong a currant. any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
I think currant won't bother them at all i have 6 guys in 40.gal with Marineland 360 that turn around water 9 times per hour with circulation pump and actually puffers enjoy it..

Attachments

OP
jacob thompson

jacob thompson

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Awesome. That’s what I was hoping. I wasn’t sure what type of currant they could handle or like but to hear that they do well in high currants makes me happy. I’ll get the flu so 106 then. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Weekly

Votes: 74 66.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 19 17.1%

Top Bottom