filters

Discussion in 'Polls' started by atmmachine816, Dec 31, 2005.

?

i was just curious what types of filters everboyd likes or brands

1. bio-wheel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. power filter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. penguin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. whisper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. canister

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. atmmachine816

atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

filters

2. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

I love my filstar canister filters. I also love my sponge filters! ;D

3. dano569Valued MemberMember

i have penguin and emperor bio wheels.

4. JasonWell Known MemberMember

I have an internal power filter but I really like the External Canister ones.

5. dahlyValued MemberMember

I have an "Aqua Clear" which I like because it has three seperate pieces, plastic sponge, Activated carbon (which I no longer use), and the ceramic bio cubes. I can rinse out the sponge and leave the cubes, which keeps me from having mini cycles.

I also have a whisper where the bio floss and carbon are one piece. It looks pretty disgusting, filthy, although I have rinsed it in old tank water. As Gunnie said, I'll replace it only when the water flow is poor and rinsing doesn't work any longer. I have put bio cubes in there too, to help prevent/reduce any mini cycle when I throw it out.

6. OP
    OP
    atmmachine816

atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

ya im surprised wat u guys all like i have a penguin bio-wheel and i just love it my tank is crystal clear i only change the filter insert once a month (could go longer but wana be safe) all the matience i have to do is clean the tube and propeller once a month and i have a whisper b/c htats wat came with the 2.5 gallon and i dont like it at all it doesnt keep the waer that clear and it seems like i hav to change it a lot

7. joeValued MemberMember

I love the aqua-clears they work really wel, i have it on my thirty gallonl. but when i bought my 10 gal. It came with a Whisper 10. Its ok just for that little tank. I also just got a 55 gal. it came with a Whisper 60 i hope it works alright. If it doesnt I'll probably get another aqua clear.

8. chickadee

chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

My very favorites are the Marineland Bio-Wheels (in the Eclipse set-ups) and I also have a Whisper filter I like on my quarantine tank. I am going to get some sponge filters to use as supplemental biological filters though.

Rose

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice