0.0%
  1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

filters

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I love my filstar canister filters. I also love my sponge filters! ;D

3. dano569 Member Member

i have penguin and emperor bio wheels.

4. Jason Well Known Member Member

I have an internal power filter but I really like the External Canister ones.

5. dahly Member Member

I have an "Aqua Clear" which I like because it has three seperate pieces, plastic sponge, Activated carbon (which I no longer use), and the ceramic bio cubes. I can rinse out the sponge and leave the cubes, which keeps me from having mini cycles.

I also have a whisper where the bio floss and carbon are one piece. It looks pretty disgusting, filthy, although I have rinsed it in old tank water. As Gunnie said, I'll replace it only when the water flow is poor and rinsing doesn't work any longer. I have put bio cubes in there too, to help prevent/reduce any mini cycle when I throw it out.

6. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

ya im surprised wat u guys all like i have a penguin bio-wheel and i just love it my tank is crystal clear i only change the filter insert once a month (could go longer but wana be safe) all the matience i have to do is clean the tube and propeller once a month and i have a whisper b/c htats wat came with the 2.5 gallon and i dont like it at all it doesnt keep the waer that clear and it seems like i hav to change it a lot

7. joe Member Member

I love the aqua-clears they work really wel, i have it on my thirty gallonl. but when i bought my 10 gal. It came with a Whisper 10. Its ok just for that little tank. I also just got a 55 gal. it came with a Whisper 60 i hope it works alright. If it doesnt I'll probably get another aqua clear.

8. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

My very favorites are the Marineland Bio-Wheels (in the Eclipse set-ups) and I also have a Whisper filter I like on my quarantine tank. I am going to get some sponge filters to use as supplemental biological filters though.

Rose