Filters Overkill

Stuey
As you can probably guess from all my questions, I am a total newbie, but here's another one.
I have recently set up my first 200L tank in my flat, it came with a Fluval U4 (in tank) filter, which seems okay, but I was wondering if adding another U4 would be too much or would it be fine. I had toyed with the idea of upgrading to a Fluval 407 Canister (or is it cannister) filter.
I watched a Fluval video on Youtube about it and messaged the Fluval people about it, and they replied that canisters would always be much noisier than an in tank filter, so I thought I may try two U4 filters, or am I just wasting money?

Advertisement
Skavatar
I used the U3 for almost a year, it works well. the sponges do need weekly cleaning just like the AC hobs and Tetra internal filters do.

I have a SunSun 304B canister that I clean about once a month. canisters usually hold more media and you can go longer between cleanings.

if can afford it, go with a canister.

Advertisement
Greg F
IMO you can't overfilter. I run two cascade canisters for my 65 g tall and alternately clean them every other week.
I think canisters are the way to go if affordable for you.

Donthemon
I have three canisters and they are so quiet I have to look at the water surface for agitation to make sure they are on!

Islandvic
Stuey , how is your tank currently stocked?

Is it planted?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
thesoulpatch
Replies
Views
Trev
  • Poll
Replies
Views
Islandvic