filtering my betta Biotope

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by monkeypie102, Nov 27, 2012.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

okay as many of you know I am doing the Betta Imbellis Biotope and I set it up today (link in my siggy) now I have an issue... Filtration... do I use a sponge filter that says it works for 5-10g or a HOB that is for 5-15g? I don't want to much of the Tannins to get pulled from the water but I don't want it dirty either... will the HOB mess up the sand that is on the bottom or should I just stick with the sponge filter that will keep it oxygenated but won't mess with the water flow to much :/ Thanks for the advice guys...

2. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

Either one would work. You don't have to worry about losing tannins if you don't use filter carbon.

3. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

I know I should know this so feel free to shoot me... Filter carbon?? *hides behind chair*

4. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

would the carbon be the little rock things in the sponge or would it be the black thing sitting in the filter that feels like a brillo pad?

5. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

Filter carbon is the black gravel like material.

6. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

ahhh... well the only carbon I have then came inside the filters sponge insert thingy (xD I failed that vocab test)

7. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I love sponge filters. Simple, cheap and effective. They also don't produce a lot of current.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice