Filter?

emilai333

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows, is there such a thing as a battery powered filter? It would be totally amazing for my betta tank, which has been moved to an awkward place across our hall-space from the nearest power outlet. A battery powered pump would work too. How much, where to get it, and so on would be appreciated. Oh, and unfortunately I don't order things online so I'm limited to Wal Mart, Petco, Petsmart, and lfs's. I don't remember ever seeing any, but I could have missed them. Any advice?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Best bet would be to buy an extension cord as the battery powerd air pump will use up batteries rather fast being a money waster, have not heard of battery operated filter htoug.

OP
E

emilai333

Reaction score
Dang. The problem is that the cord either has to go across a doorway or across the hall; normally not a problem but early mornings before class result in my rm and I not being the most coordinated people in the world... I'm worried one of us will trip and either crash into my tank, or just fall and get hurt. Especially since we usually try to get ready with as few lights as possible since we get up early on alternating mornings, and neither of us wants to wake the other. Maybe rechargeable batteries? I'll have to think on it.

Phloxface

Well Known
Reaction score
Tape in down and put a long runner rug with rubber back over it. I have one of mine on extension cord and it runs across a doorway. That's what I do and it works fine.

OP
E

emilai333

Reaction score
Brilliant, why didn't I think of that?  I think I have a rug that will work. Thanks!!!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
While you are at it, instead of an extention cord, try a surge protector that would be a bonus in case of a power surge.

Rose

OP
E

emilai333

Reaction score
;D All of my outlets have surge protectors plugged into them, and I plug stuff into the surge protector instead of into the wall anyways.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Good for you that is just an added safety feature. Always a good idea.

Rose

cherryrose

Well Known
Reaction score
;D Woohoo! Another problem resolved by the great minds of the fish lovers on fishlore. I don't know what kind of tape people have in mind, but I am a firm believer in duct tape. ;D

CherryRose

New Threads