filter

1. fletch

fletch Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i dont know of any specific products because i always put my baby fish in nets or breeding tanks. ask in the breeding section for filter mediums for fry.

2. Adz

Adz Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    its not that they are baby fish they are just little fish.

the filter was built into the tank. i'm just gonna hafta ask the store i got it from what i can do bout this one i think...mmm ???

3. OP
    OP
    fletch

fletch Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It will still apply for small fish. same creature, same size.

4. Adz

Adz Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I talked to the pet store that i got my tank from and they told me it was to do with my water in my tank but i could clearly see that it was coz there was too much suction in the filter coz i watched the fish fight against it grrr :mad:

they tryed telling me its very unusual because they sell quite a few of these tanks but its not the first time its happend.

Sh*t happens i guess, so now i have no fish and no hobby excetp for taking out the water and starting all over again.

spose i had to learn the hard way.

5. Miss Mouse

Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's really sad :'(

6. OP
    OP
    fletch

fletch Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you dont want to try the filter covering stuff you could always have a fast water tank. There are some tropical fish that prefer fast running water. I only know of one because ive never realy looked into it but im sure there are many. The sucking catfish likes fast water (thats why it has a sucker on its mouth, to hold onto rocks in a river, among other reasons)

7. Gunnie

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Some of the loaches like the hillstream loaches also like fast moving water. www.loaches.com Just check out the profiles of fish that interest you. There are quite a few out there that would like your tank!

8. Adz

Adz Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that link, you've got me interested in Clown loach's now :)

9. 0morrokh

0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I think some tetras like fast-moving water, too.

10. Gunnie

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, they are pretty cool! Clowns get big though and need buddies so make sure you have at least a 55 gal. tank for their growth and so you can have at least 3 of them! ;)

11. Adz

Adz Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got my filter sorted now  :)

The store i've been visiting gave me a sbonge that goes round the outside of my filter.

I bought some new fish too :) I bought two Kuhli (coolie) loach's and four glowlight tetra's. hopefuly i'l have better luck this time round :)