Filter upgrade to c360?

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by gremmie0, Aug 2, 2015.

1. gremmie0New MemberMember

I noticed today that the Marineland c360s are on sale on a popular site named after a certain south american river. The price point is the lowest I've seen anywhere by a large margin.

Is there any reason why you'd get the Fluval 406 over the c360 when the Fluval is double the price? I read that the 406s can get noisy, but that was just scouring random websites for information. My penguin 350 hasn't been doing an awesome job in my 55 (and the impeller got wonky/loud after the last cleaning), so I've been contemplating making a change to something a little more robust.

Thanks in advance for the advice, I hope I didn't break any advertisement rules. :;f

2. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

A single Penguin 350 isn't enough for 55. Adding a canister should help. I've never owned a Fluval or Marineland canister, but hear good things about both of them. Get which ever is in your price range.

I didn't compare prices, but Ken's fish usually has prices that can't be beat. Might be worth a look.  

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

I wrote a great review on the Fluval 406. Geoff also has one.
    https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/showthread.php?t=199476

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. freak78Well Known MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice