Filter To Strong For Zebra Danio?

ZebraFishLover

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi, sometimes I see one of my zebra danios sit in one place and wiggle (try to swim maybe?) but gets nowhere. He can still move though, I have seen him move. I turned the filter off and they became more active... I also see one sit there and tilt up. Both go back to swimming normally, soon after

r_e_g

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is this danio sitting and wiggling right in the filter output? I've seen videos of hillstream tanks and some species of fish seem to really enjoy playing in the current. Second, just how strong is your filter?

ZebraFishLover

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
r_e_g said:
Is this danio sitting and wiggling right in the filter output? I've seen videos of hillstream tanks and some species of fish seem to really enjoy playing in the current. Second, just how strong is your filter?
No, not near the filter output. It seems like a pretty peaceful filter

chadcf

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my zebra danios often hang out on top in front of the filter and just swim against the current going nowhere. They seem to enjoy doing it... Their native habitat includes slow flowing streams and rivers, which is probably not far off the output of most aquarium filters, I doubt it is anything to worry about.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom