Filter System w/ Sump Explanation

bhcaaron
WOW! This is for ABSOLUT Newbies like ME. I like simple explanations and the interactive tour helped even more. I like them because once I have a general idea of what is being talked about, I can better understand the more detailed stuff. Hope this helps out another newbie like me! (If you're wondering why such a small thing excites me... I always do think its the small things that make the world go round ahahaha.... besides, I've NEVER had a tank before at all)

leximommy
lol I'm the same way with the little things....I have to know every detail I can possible know, then some....lol once I get to where I can't learn more I dwell on it a littel while.....lol

bhcaaron
I think you and I do more thinking in a month than some in a life time. I've thought about fishies and tanks before, but, after god knows how many years, this will be the 1st time I think more indepth about it (pun totally intended). I think I'm starting to get headaches over it and I'm only at the "where can I find a tank stage". Not even at the "what kind of tank I want" stage. I think I'm going to have to go to Vegas for more options. Its the closest I have. Once I'm ready for rock, sand and fish hunting, I think I'll go to Long Beach, maybe.

Online is GREAT for this stuff, but, there is only so much it can give me. I want a live visual.

leximommy
lol I know what you mean...when I first started reading about this and all I had dreams about it...that was weird....lol......

and I know what you mean by live visual....ive been thinking..... galveston is about 10 hours from here.... I know you can get stuff cheaper closer to the coast (sometimes!) so I was thinking about saving up as much as I can for about 6 months, while researching prices here vs prices there. if I can save a few hundred dollars by going there then I may make a weekend trip when the time comes.....I dunno....ill just have to look around and make some calls.....

bhcaaron
I've been thinking the same thing. California costal cities are only about five hours away. Even if you end up spending your savings on the trip itself, its worth it. You have equipment, fish and a mini-vaca all on the same cost for just the equipment back home... Talk about multi-tasking ahahaha

leximommy
lol hopefully by then my girls will be old enough to spend the weekend with my mother in law and not throw a fit....lol

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom