Filter Reccommendations Question

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Duardo, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Duardo

Duardo Valued Member Member

I have a 10 gal tank, and was wondering if I should add a sponge filter or sponge filters. Its a pretty well stocked tank with 4 neon tetras, 2 albino corys, 1 mystery snail, and a betta. I sometimes turn off my filter so the betta can swim around more freely, but it makes me uncomfortable to leave it off for too long so I wanted to get something that doesn't agitate the water as much. I currently have a whisper 20i.

I was also wondering what are sir stones for exactly? Is it to help filter in a way or to add oxygen to the water? Like can I use it to keep my water moving if the filter is off?
    Last thing was what about a wave maker? I've seen some people have it in their tank and I was wondering what are the benefits of this? Thank you for any and all responses.

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

air stones are just used to add air to the aquarium. they create a lot of surface movement which adds air to the water. Wave makers are used more for circulation and i wouldn't use them for your 10 gallon aquarium.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice