Filter Out

1. D

Devon55 New Member Member

Hello! So earlier tonight doing some maintenance, unplugged filter (sunsun302, don't judge) in a 55gqllon tank once plugged back in it was simply dead, no flow, no power. I have 2 long air stones in the tank with a heater, all working fine. My last angel fish passed after 8years, hence water change. Question is how long can everything last in the tank (new filter arriving in 48hours) extermely low stock now .a couple tetras and croy cat fish. And will my biologic filter be okay(unsing matrix and bio balls planning to reuse in next filter)
    Thanks!

2. Floundering_Around

Floundering_Around Well Known Member Member

I would do daily water changes until the new filter arrives. Make sure the filter media stays wet and oxygenated; try sticking it on top of the bubbler, it might even keep your tank cycled

3. OP
    OP
    D

Devon55 New Member Member

So put the entire tray with matrix filter media on top of oxygenation?

4. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

What you could try doing is putting all the media into a plastic bottle. The bottle you would drill holes around it and on the top for the bubbles to escape.

Feed the airline tube through the cap (drill hole in cap). The tube should go all the way down.

Pour your media into the bottle and bury the end of the oxygen stone with your media. Cap the bottle and turn on the oxygen.

This will suck the water from side like a sponge filter and the air travels up.

This should help temporary.