Filter on a container pond?

Joshaeus

Hi everyone! Here's a question...would there be any reason to have a filter on a container pond? My idea was essentially a refugium or sump, with water being pumped between the container pond and a 5 gallon bucket containing the filter media. Thank you

MySquishy

My understanding is any pond less than an acre needs some kind of filtration.

MoshJosh

I used sponge filters in mine. I also like Cory from aquarium coops 5 gallon bucket filters.

fishkeepinginaisa

Joshaeus said:
Hi everyone! Here's a question...would there be any reason to have a filter on a container pond? My idea was essentially a refugium or sump, with water being pumped between the container pond and a 5 gallon bucket containing the filter media. Thank you
It seems to be what you've got planned would be fine. A DIY filter bucket should work perfectly

AcornTheBetta

I would DIY it. Serpa Design makes a DIY pond filter in his DIY pond video. You could go off of that/try that.

Nobody

I have a couple of these huge sponge filters on a 1000L pond:

But also plants.

Joshaeus

AcornTheBetta said:
I would DIY it. Serpa Design makes a DIY pond filter in his DIY pond video. You could go off of that/try that.
Yeah, I was going to DIY it. I was going to drill holes in both the bucket and the water garden, place a pump (and the heater) in the bucket to ensure circulation occurs between the two, and run tubing slightly larger than the holes through each hole to get an easy seal (you can seal a round hole by simply pulling flexible tubing slightly larger than the hole through it...I've done that a lot lately).
Nobody said:
I have a couple of these huge sponge filters on a 1000L pond:

But also plants.
Yeah, this will definitely be planted.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom