Filter Modification Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgclarke

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What I've done in my Quietflow 30 is to have a media bag of matrix to the left of #1 (i.e. put #4 in a bag and put it in the water intake area).

How thick is the mesh bag (#3)?

I wonder if #1 is causing the flow to be hindered a little bit, resulting in water going over the bypass.

OP
Z

Z123Killer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What I've done in my Quietflow 30 is to have a media bag of matrix to the left of #1 (i.e. put #4 in a bag and put it in the water intake area).

How thick is the mesh bag (#3)?

I wonder if #1 is causing the flow to be hindered a little bit, resulting in water going over the bypass.
I've heard that I should have mechanical filtration before biological so the bio media won't clog up as easily.

This is the link for the mesh bag:

I am not sure if #1 is causing the bypass, because I had #1 and #2 where they were supposed to be placed (Tye cartridges areas) and had #3 in front of them near the outtake and I was still getting the same bypass.

bgclarke

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Those media bags don't look to be any thicker than the usual media bags, so that's not likely causing the bypass.
About all I can think of is play with the placement of #1 and see if it resolves the bypass issue.

I have a Quietflow 10 filter set up with matrix, bio-max, floss, and course sponge.
Adjusting the piece of floss 1/4 inch is the difference between it bypassing or not.

With my setup, I have a media bag of matrix in the water intake area with a piece of course sponge on top of that.
I also have a Fluval Edge pre-filter sponge over the intake, so most of the food etc. never gets inside my filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Weekly

Votes: 85 68.5%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 21 16.9%

Top Bottom