Filter media pallets add to my current filter kit

immadalin

Hello,
So I have been using this filter that came with the kit that I bought (1 photo) and so far no issue. I’m stilling learning about the filter cycle and product etc.. currently, I kind of wanna add this bio media block or pallets ( 2 photo) to my current filter. ( place it behind the filter cartridge) I wonder if that would be ok or the right way to do so?

Attachments

• 1E4FBCC3-971E-4FAB-8658-21BDEAE9B225.png
    1E4FBCC3-971E-4FAB-8658-21BDEAE9B225.png
    392.3 KB · Views: 6
  • D7D72524-50EB-49EC-8C0B-7E7C98518B00.png
    D7D72524-50EB-49EC-8C0B-7E7C98518B00.png
    416 KB · Views: 6

carsonsgjs

You can add additional biomedia to your filter if there’s enough space - just put it in a media bag and place it after your sponges/cartridges. However, the media you are looking at is aimed at canister filters and the pieces are quite large - you may not fit much of it in your filter. Fluval make a smaller version which is for use in their internal filters which may be the better choice here, if you want to use fluval’s product.

Also note that adding biomedia to your filter won’t make it cycle any quicker though - it just provides a place for nitrifying bacteria to live once your tank has cycled.

immadalin

You can add additional biomedia to your filter if there’s enough space - just put it in a media bag and place it after your sponges/cartridges. However, the media you are looking at is aimed at canister filters and the pieces are quite large - you may not fit much of it in your filter. Fluval make a smaller version which is for use in their internal filters which may be the better choice here, if you want to use fluval’s product.

Also note that adding biomedia to your filter won’t make it cycle any quicker though - it just provides a place for nitrifying bacteria to live once your tank has cycled.
I’m not looking for it to help with the cycle or anything. My tank is already 1 years old. I just thought add this bio media will help improve the water quality even better. I see a lot of people do this so I assume it’s good?? I just wanna provide the best for my betta :)

carsonsgjs

I’m not looking for it to help with the cycle or anything. My tank is already 1 years old. I just thought add this bio media will help improve the water quality even better. I see a lot of people do this so I assume it’s good?? I just wanna provide the best for my betta :)
Thats good - just didn’t want you thinking that this was the magic cure to cycling a tank! No harm in adding additional biomedia at all. Live plants will also help out with water quality too, if you don’t already have them.

immadalin

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BMilla419
  • Question
Replies
Views
Islandvic
  • Question
Replies
Views