Filter Max Pre Filter.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
I have been using this on the intakes of all our filters for a month. I use the filter Max III and Filter Max I.

The amount filter maintenance this wonderful little thing saves me is amazing. Once a week I pull it off and thoroughly clean it. I opened one of the canisters, and the polishing pad was still very clean.

At $10.00 you know you are paying for the idea and the work it saves you. The plastic elbow will crack easy. There is a good range of adapters but you will need to be creative it you have intakes that are not round like the Marineland HOB's like I have.

All in all I give it an 8 out of 10 because of the lower quality of the adapters.

I posted these shots when I first got them.

_MG_9268.jpg

_MG_9273.jpg

_MG_9270.jpg

_MG_9274.jpg

_MG_9276.jpg

_MG_9275.jpg

Cichlidude

Well Known
Thunder_o_b said:
cool. thank you
So I can't quite see how the plastic fits over the Marineland intake tube. Looks like you maybe had to heat it in hot water and reshape to almost round???

Inquiring minds want to know.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
I like prefilters in general .
I use small sponges like that and even screens for shrimp on smaller HOBs. The screen clog pretty quick on HOB over AC30 .

OP
Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Cichlidude said:
So I can't quite see how the plastic fits over the Marineland intake tube. Looks like you maybe had to heat it in hot water and reshape to almost round???

Inquiring minds want to know.
you are correct. I heated it in very hot water for the Penguin 350 and Emperor 400

Nikki2577

Well Known
Thunder_o_b said:
I have been using this on the intakes of all our filters for a month. I use the filter Max III and Filter Max I.

The amount filter maintenance this wonderful little thing saves me is amazing. Once a week I pull it off and thoroughly clean it. I opened one of the canisters, and the polishing pad was still very clean.

At $10.00 you know you are paying for the idea and the work it saves you. The plastic elbow will crack easy. There is a good range of adapters but you will need to be creative it you have intakes that are not round like the Marineland HOB's like I have.

All in all I give it an 8 out of 10 because of the lower quality of the adapters.

I posted these shots when I first got them.

_MG_9268.jpg

_MG_9273.jpg

_MG_9270.jpg

_MG_9274.jpg

_MG_9276.jpg

_MG_9275.jpg
I have these and I love them! Super easy to take care of and cut down on filter maintenance but I do agree the elbows crack easy.

New Threads