Filter killed my betta

Axanna

My boyfriend and I woke up the other morning to find a murky betta tank with no betta to be found. We first saw his torn up fins and then investigated Further and found the pump of his filter had malfunctioned and the intake tube fell off leaving the propeller intake open for him to get sucked into. He was murdered by his filter and I’m devastated he was so happy healthy and vibrant and he was taken too early I love him and I miss him… i don’t know what I’m getting out of this post but I just rly miss him and don’t want it to happen to anyone else. Check your filters make sure they’re safe. He had a marina s10 hob filter :( we changed the other filter on my boyfriends betta tank to a bubble filter so it never happens again. Rest In Peace hopper you are loved❤️

Strider1520

So sorry for the loss of Hopper. I lost a glass bloodfin tetra from having too large of a sponge filter at the end of my HOB suction tube and he swam behind the sponge and got lodged between the sponge pre filter and the tank glass - it was devastating to me as well since I felt like his loss could have been avoided. Again, so sorry for your loss. Non fish keepers dont realize that the loss of a wet pet is, at times, just as big a loss as a fur child when you have become attached. Wet pets do have their own personalities. Thanks for the warning as well - I am going to be sure to check the security of the adjustable intake tube now when I do maintenance.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Ouse
  • Question
Replies
Views
peachsonas
  • Question
Replies