Filter in Est. tank

IheartMolly

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So we have two filters that are going in the 140g tank in the 55gallon tank. how long does it tank for them to get the BB it need to put in the 140g?

Lexi03

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think most people on Fishlore recommend a couple weeks, but I waited a month when I seed my tank, just to be on the safe side, however I was using a 30gal to seed a 75gal, not a bigger tank to seed a smaller one.

jillofalltrades37

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What type of filters are they? does that mean you have 3 filters on the 55g now, Is the 140 already set up and ready to go?

IheartMolly

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
There is 3 but one that is already EST. Is two part filtration. As far as the others they are fluval c4 5 stage filteration

jillofalltrades37

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm not sure, someone correct me if i am wrong, if you have the 140 set up, I would swish the filters that are in the EST filter in the 140 tank water, and take some of the decor, gravel anything you can from the 55 to help build up the bacteria in the 140. maybe switch out some of the filter media from the filters, if there the same size.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The problem is that the 55 is also a new tank. There's really not much in the way of beneficial bacteria to steal from that filter.

If I'm not mistaken, your 55 is extremely overstocked, right? If so, just move all the fish and all the filters, as well as substrate and any decor from the 55 to the 140.

IheartMolly

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
really good idea! lynda I have been rehoming as you requested me to do so. it kinda still is but its much much better! i went from about 46 fish to around 30.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's a good start, and we're all very proud of you for doing the right thing, but you still have some rehoming to do.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom