Filter For A 10 Gallon

ToRo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a cycled 10 gallon tank with a Aqueon Quiet Flow filter. Does anyone know if these are good filters or should I change to a Aquaclear 20 (I keep reading that those are good filters) and if so, what happens to my cycled tank/filter? Is it OK to switch or does it cause problems with the tank?

Thanks!

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i have aqueon filters, reliable for a 10gal; just not powerful enough for anything else. but given the chance i went for aquaclear as well, however, im planning ahead for an upgrade and put an AQ50 on my 10g set at a lower setting. works perfectly.

pixelhoot

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What size does the filter say it's for? From my experience, Aqueon is a a good economic brand to use. :>
If you really want to switch, running both filters together for a month is good! Maintains your cycle and less stress on the fish while everything grows on your new filter.

Dolfan

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The Aqueon you have should do ok. If you just really want to spend some money than the Aquaclear 20 would be a good upgrade and offer some overfiltration which is always a plus.

Tiny_Tanganyikans

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your filter should be fine unless you're noticing problems with water quality.

Heck, if you wanna get the aquaclear get it, use both, over filtration is never bad.

If you decide to replace your filter just move your aqeon media to the new filter and your cycle will be intact, after a few weeks 4-6 you can remove the old media, or you can run both filters until the new filter is colonized with bacteria though this could take a little longer depending on your bioload

ToRo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Your filter should be fine unless you're noticing problems with water quality.

Heck, if you wanna get the aquaclear get it, use both, over filtration is never bad.

If you decide to replace your filter just move your aqeon media to the new filter and your cycle will be intact, after a few weeks 4-6 you can remove the old media, or you can run both filters until the new filter is colonized with bacteria though this could take a little longer depending on your bioload
Thank you!

The Aqueon you have should do ok. If you just really want to spend some money than the Aquaclear 20 would be a good upgrade and offer some overfiltration which is always a plus.
Thanks!

Corydora Pro

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If your looking to upgrade your filter go with the AquaClear 50. Sure, that's allot of filtration but it is always better to over filter as it will help keep your tank very clean. It's also expandable, so if you upgrade to a 20g tank later on you can use the same filter.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom