Filter Flow Vs Tank Size

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Carnation519, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Carnation519Valued MemberMember

Hello. Since asking for help with my tank mates previously I have fixed my stocking issues. I have a 30 gallon cube style tank (20x20x18) and am currently now running a fluval 70 filter on the lowest flow rate I can have. The stock is one adult angel, 4 glofish, 7 Cory cats (panda). I will be adding in a few more glofish or guppies and a dwarf flame gourami. My question is that being the tank is a cube style is the flow from the 70g filer too much "current" for the tank? I do have a 50g hob that I can use if this is too much. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. minervalongWell Known MemberMember

I have no experience with the cubes but I would see how my fish reacted, then try to divert or absorb the flow with sponge or plants.

3. OP
    OP
    C

Carnation519Valued MemberMember

Thanks. Should I get something that floats for a plant or just something that is tall to reduce the effect of the flow?

4. minervalongWell Known MemberMember

If you got floaters, you could corral them sorta with fishing line or other tall features in the tank. I've got some free floating hornwort that hangs mostly between castle turrets.

5. OP
    OP
    C

Carnation519Valued MemberMember

Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice