Filter Cleaning Water (yuck!)

QQQUUUUAADDD

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Water after cleaning my filter...

Remember to clean your filters once in a while!

Last edited by a moderator:

fishynoob

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh delightful! I won't even tell you what the water looked like after I cleaned the filter when my goldies were sharing with my platies. I will say when I opened the filter I thought the goldies had their own version of the midas touch and that they had magically turned the spongey stuff into a solid block of poop!

Bumblebat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Should have seen the giant canister filter at work on the goldfish/pleco tank. A couple months ago I found out that no one had cleaned it. Ever. It had been set up for several years. The way I found out is that it finally clogged and started spewing out the entire tank all over the floor and I had to take it apart. It was like... Black cottage cheese.

AlanGreene

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
We have tomato soup and cottage cheese, we are one loaf of bread away from a delightful Sunday brunch!

luke355027355027

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Glad im not the only one that clean my canister occasionally.

The one thing that most people skip is the hosing thats where all the " good" stuff is

Oso

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Mine are due to be cleaned this week :| I'm actually scared to look. Last time there was a bunch of brown sludge kind of like soft serve ice cream

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom