Filter Change

Mollyfish

Reaction score
i have a aqua-internal 200 filter in my 60 litre tank
When I need to replace the cartridge what’s the best way without losing good bacteria
There no room in filter to put old foam in cartridge
And do not have a spare filter to run along side

Hunterhusker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Mollyfish said:
i have a aqua-internal 200 filter in my 60 litre tank
When I need to replace the cartridge what’s the best way without losing good bacteria
There no room in filter to put old foam in cartridge
And do not have a spare filter to run along side
Don't put the cartridge in, replace it with filter padding. I know you said you dont have room, but you would if you removed the cartridge. I'll look it up and give other advice. If it was a hob I'd tell you to put filter padding on the intake. If you can maybe tie it up. On there ill look up your filter and give more later.

oldsalt777

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Molly...

Don't worry. Some bacteria will be lost, But, there's bacteria living on all the surfaces inside the tank. Change the filter when you do your weekly water change and rinse the new filter in some of the old water. Put the filter back together and start it up. The bacteria that's lost will be replaced in a few hours.

Remember, keep up on your water changes. Keeping the tank water clean is the most important part of the fish keeping hobby.

Old

Mollyfish

Reaction score
Hi my tank new finished cycle about 3 weeks ago
Just getting ahead lol so if sitting new cartridge in tank for few weeks I have time lol (don’t intend changing any time soon from what I read up on) might be able to afford another filter of the same not expensive but bit tight on money at moment lol but want to do best for my neon tetras and black neon tetras 10 altogether probably won’t get anymore fish (as long. As stay away from lfs lol) so easy to buy fish here a pic of the new filter I have ready
Just had a bit extra cash in so brought new one ready

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom