Filter cartridge

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Anji13, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Anji13Valued MemberMember

Hello,

I have 10 gallon tank and filter inside water in it. I changed water yesterday. Water was very clear before changing it but as this is new setup I changed it. I used homemade vacuum to clean gravels. But after that, I can see water is not as clean as it was before water change. It's only been a week for all this setup. Is it because of filter cartridge? When this cartridge should be changed?

2. lily potter1223Valued MemberMember

Do you mean you've only had it set up for a week and it is now cycling? If so it's probably just a bacteria bloom and will clear up in a few days.
    If it's an activated carbon filter cartridge thing, you change it every 1-2 months.

3. Anji13Valued MemberMember

My filter is the one which comes with 10 gallon kit. And yes I did this setup week before.

4. RivieraneoModeratorModerator Member

Sounds like a bacterial bloom, does the water look like there are dust particles in it?

5. Anji13Valued MemberMember

I actually don't know what they are .. but I can see a layer over water not that thick though. What to do about bacteria bloom?

6. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

I believe bacterial blooms go away on their own

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. Anji13Valued MemberMember

8. JsigmoWell Known MemberMember

Disturbing the gravel can stir up particles that cloud the water, but the filter will usually take that all out within a few hours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice