Filter Came Unplugged Overnight

  • Thread starter

Schmidthead

Valued Member
Messages
116
Reaction score
8
Points
53
Experience
2 years
My filter came unplugged last night. I just noticed it not too long ago. My water parameters aren't terrible, ammonia 0.25 and nitrite 0.5. I added prime as soon as I noticed, should I be doing a water change as well? Or are these low enough that my filter should be able to remedy it fast enough?
 

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Messages
932
Reaction score
746
Points
138
Experience
1 year
Same thing happened to me last week. I just plugged mine back and nothing bad happened, thankfully.
 
  • Thread starter

Schmidthead

Valued Member
Messages
116
Reaction score
8
Points
53
Experience
2 years
JoeCamaro said:
Same thing happened to me last week. I just plugged mine back and nothing bad happened, thankfully.
So you don't think I'll have to do a water change at all? I could see if my values were higher then maybe but I don't think its that bad
 

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,159
Reaction score
6,154
Points
758
Experience
3 years
Usually, when you have a well-stocked tank, the nitrites build up, which is what happened to mine a long time ago.
I would do a water change, and double dose prime just to be safe.
 
  • Thread starter

Schmidthead

Valued Member
Messages
116
Reaction score
8
Points
53
Experience
2 years
Fanatic said:
Usually, when you have a well-stocked tank, the nitrites build up, which is what happened to mine a long time ago.
I would do a water change, and double dose prime just to be safe.
what would you do volume wise? Its a 10 gallon and I usually do 10-20%. I just did a 20% on Thursday. Another one that size? More?
 

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,159
Reaction score
6,154
Points
758
Experience
3 years
Schmidthead said:
what would you do volume wise? Its a 10 gallon and I usually do 10-20%. I just did a 20% on Thursday. Another one that size? More?
I would do that much this time around, more can't hurt.
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom