Filter Came Unplugged Overnight

Schmidthead

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My filter came unplugged last night. I just noticed it not too long ago. My water parameters aren't terrible, ammonia 0.25 and nitrite 0.5. I added prime as soon as I noticed, should I be doing a water change as well? Or are these low enough that my filter should be able to remedy it fast enough?

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Same thing happened to me last week. I just plugged mine back and nothing bad happened, thankfully.

Schmidthead

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
JoeCamaro said:
Same thing happened to me last week. I just plugged mine back and nothing bad happened, thankfully.
So you don't think I'll have to do a water change at all? I could see if my values were higher then maybe but I don't think its that bad

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Usually, when you have a well-stocked tank, the nitrites build up, which is what happened to mine a long time ago.
I would do a water change, and double dose prime just to be safe.

Schmidthead

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fanatic said:
Usually, when you have a well-stocked tank, the nitrites build up, which is what happened to mine a long time ago.
I would do a water change, and double dose prime just to be safe.
what would you do volume wise? Its a 10 gallon and I usually do 10-20%. I just did a 20% on Thursday. Another one that size? More?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Schmidthead said:
what would you do volume wise? Its a 10 gallon and I usually do 10-20%. I just did a 20% on Thursday. Another one that size? More?
I would do that much this time around, more can't hurt.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads