filter breakdown

konstargirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well Today I was doing a water change and when I was finished the filter started to break down on me. So I rinsed everything in tank water just in case if it was clogged up or whatever. That didn't work. Then I added water from the tank in the filter. That didn't really do anything either. lol So my last try was I put the filter into the aquarium water and it worked a little bit and net out some junk in the aquarium that came out of the filter. A minute later it started back working again. It was weird because it never breakdown on me like that for almost 10 mins straight.

Poor Kara( my 4 month old platy) was so stress from me netting out all of the brown junk in the aquarium that she almost killed herself by getting stuck between the rock and aquarium. She's fine though..

Hopefully it won't happen again because I literally had to clean my filter to get it back working(with tank water of course). Now what can I do to prevent from the filter breaking down on me again?

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've had that happen, where it took a while for a filter to kick in. It sometimes takes me a few tries of priming the filter.

konstargirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
^ That must be pain..

Well I'm just glad that my fiah are fine that what really matters. :3

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My filter does this, normally taking it apart and putting it back together usually does the trick

konstargirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
that's what I did today. I hope my filter isn't dying out.. I had for almost a year now. It will be a year in July.

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think with mine it's if the impeller is not sat just how it likes it

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads