Filling the tank??

  • Thread starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Hi,

I just want some help with how much do I fill my tank from the top..

I'll put it simple.. How much (cm) do I fill my tank from the top..

Need the help very quickly..? ???
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Goldfishcare said:
Hi,

   I just want some help with how much do I fill my tank from the top..

I'll put it simple.. How much (cm) do I fill my tank from the top..

          Need the help very quickly..? ???
 

griffin

Well Known Member
Messages
773
Reaction score
3
Points
178
i usually fill it to the level of the bottom of the black trim, that's around 1-2 cm. not sure if that's what you're asking though.
 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Messages
22,944
Reaction score
116
Points
518
Experience
More than 10 years
Most people fill their tanks up to the bottom of the black rim, so good advice griffin.
Carol
 

griffin

Well Known Member
Messages
773
Reaction score
3
Points
178
thanks
 

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,250
Reaction score
37
Points
358
Experience
5 years
That's how I do it too
 

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Messages
2,671
Reaction score
2
Points
198
Me too!
 

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,265
Reaction score
9
Points
358
Experience
More than 10 years
I used to but watch out for your filter because it can just push water along the surface and not give a current down on the bottom. I did that for a few weeks and it made my nitrates, nitrites and ammonia sky rocket due to the lack of currculation. Just make sure there is about 1/4cm under the filter.
Tom
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
griffin said:
i usually fill it to the level of the bottom of the black trim, that's around 1-2 cm. not sure if that's what you're asking though.
I fill my tank (1cm) from the black band.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Does any body know a member in this forum called- Fish Ace.
 

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,265
Reaction score
9
Points
358
Experience
More than 10 years
Goldfishcare said:
Does any body know a member in this forum called- Fish Ace.
Ya, there's somebody called that. Why?
Tom
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Tom said:
Goldfishcare said:
Does any body know a member in this forum called- Fish Ace.
Ya, there's somebody called that. Why?
Tom
He is my friend but his bigger than me and has a lot of tanks with many fish. He's trying to sign in but the forum says his baned from entering.
 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Messages
22,944
Reaction score
116
Points
518
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes Fish Ace has been banned for the disrespectful way he/she responded in posts. Sorry
Carol
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Butterfly said:
Yes Fish Ace has been banned for the disrespectful way he/she responded in posts. Sorry
Carol
Wich posts? ???
 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Messages
22,944
Reaction score
116
Points
518
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm sorry Goldfishcare we are not going to discuss this anymore, it is off track of the thread.
Carol
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Butterfly said:
I'm sorry Goldfishcare we are not going to discuss this anymore, it is off track of the thread.
Carol
Okay. As I said above I fill my tank (1cm) from the black trim.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Okay. I fill my tank 1cm away from the black trim. is that good or bad. and does it affect the amont of light needed.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Goldfishcare said:
Okay. I fill my tank 1cm away from the black trim. is that good or bad. and does it affect the amont of light needed.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

Goldfishcare

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
166
Goldfishcare said:
Hi,

   I just want some help with how much do I fill my tank from the top..

I'll put it simple.. How much (cm) do I fill my tank from the top..

          Need the help very quickly..? ???
 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Messages
22,944
Reaction score
116
Points
518
Experience
More than 10 years
Your question has been answered, adding all those quote replies didn't add anything to the thread so this thread has been locked.
Carol
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom