Fiji Live Rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by primobryan, Aug 4, 2015.

  1. primobryan

    primobryan Valued Member Member

    So most recently I've decided to build a new saltwater aquarium and I bought some live rock normally I always choose dry rock but I ended up getting live rock but I have had my live rock cure for about 2 months and noticed some worm like things in the rocks can anyone let me know if it's some parasite I was considering bleaching my rock and drying it out making it to dry rock as I prefer dry rock
     
  2. AquaticBrandon

    AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

    Can you post a picture? My guess would be Aiptasia


    Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum
     
  3. OP
    OP
    primobryan

    primobryan Valued Member Member

  4. OP
    OP
    primobryan

    primobryan Valued Member Member

  5. AquaticBrandon

    AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

    Are they hard?


    Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum
     
  6. OP
    OP
    primobryan

    primobryan Valued Member Member

    Soft they rip apart on the touch
     
  7. AquaticBrandon

    AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

    I believe those are peanut worms. They are safe and eat detritus.


    Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum
     
  8. OP
    OP
    primobryan

    primobryan Valued Member Member

    I was told by others that they are harmless but should I bleach them now
     
  9. AquaticBrandon

    AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

    I wouldn't bleach them, I mean they are safe. Unless you don't want them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum
     
  10. OP
    OP
    primobryan

    primobryan Valued Member Member

    Alright then I guess no bleaching I will avoid live rock in the future only because I prefer dry rock
     
  11. AquaticBrandon

    AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

    It's sometimes better to use dry rock instead Of live rock because there are some hitchhikers on live rock.


    Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum
     
  12. OP
    OP
    primobryan

    primobryan Valued Member Member

    Yea that is why I always go with dry rock it's usually cheaper but I got this live rock for $1 a pound so I couldn't refuse if I ever feared of hitchhikers I would bleach
     
  13. AquaticBrandon

    AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

    That's a good deal. But since there isn't any bad hitchhikers on the live rock I wouldn't bleach it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum
     




  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice