Figure 8 puffers

vvvae

Hi,

my figure 8 puffers have been pacing down the tank up and down for quite a while and since I read that pacing is a sign that they are bored,I’m quite concerned.It’s a 20 gallon with two puffers (I read that this has worked with other figure 8 owners) and nothing else. I also have a large piece of driftwood with plenty of holes but they never seem to pay much attention to it. Is this normal? (I just got them for about a month now) or is there something else I can do?

thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 12

LanternFish

Hi,

my figure 8 puffers have been pacing down the tank up and down for quite a while and since I read that pacing is a sign that they are bored,I’m quite concerned.It’s a 20 gallon with two puffers (I read that this has worked with other figure 8 owners) and nothing else. I also have a large piece of driftwood with plenty of holes but they never seem to pay much attention to it. Is this normal? (I just got them for about a month now) or is there something else I can do?

thanks!
You should get a bubble wall. Many puffers like riding them. I went of a puffer forum and a few websites and they said pacing is usually normal but I did find an article that said: "If your Puffers are constantly cruising the tank that is okay. Constant up and down pacing usually means they are “bored”. However, hidden in this seemingly cute display might be a cry for help. Do not ever dismiss the Puffer that is pacing too much. Investigate to determine what could be causing this behavior"
Those two links have people who asked similar questions as you and there may be some answers that'll help you.
Puffer Toys | Saltwater Puffers Forum | 413048
Reason my fish swim up and down the glass
Maybe things that'll cause this are:
Hunger
Tank Size
Getting Used to Tank
Decorations/Tank Setup
or it's just normal. there may be more reasons this is happening

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies