Fighting Each Other?

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm not exactly sure what these guys are....i want to say sword tails, but they are pretty small. They were just transfered into another tank and started nipping at each other. I put them in with a male Betta to test them out together and it's been fine. He chased after one for about 5 minutes and then backed off. Now he just does his own thing until one comes to his spot by the heater. He can literally be anywhere in the tank and not care about them until they reach the heater. The only time he has came after them was when they were fighting each other. He flared and swam between them (almost like he was trying to break it up, which I know probably wasn't the case). I've monitored his aggression towards them for awhile now and everything seems fine. it's just the guppies aggression towards each other. Will that stop? They are all in a 5 gallon with plenty of places to hide. (Yes I know, too small. They will all be moved within the next few days).

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My male guppies harass my females to no end. Can’t wait to get them separated! The males never bother each other and the females don’t bother anybody. They just try to hide from the males.

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Gypsy13 said:
My male guppies harass my females to no end. Can’t wait to get them separated! The males never bother each other and the females don’t bother anybody. They just try to hide from the males.
Awe lol. I wish my fancy guppies were that active tbh. I wish I could have a huge tank full of guppies, but for some reason they seem like the only fish that doesn't do well at all. My angels and skirt tetras are so lively compared to my few guppies that I have.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh my! My guppies are all over the place! And my danios are slacking on their job cause I keep getting new fry! I do have pretty chubby danios though. But why won’t my guppies eat their own? Everyone else has to separate the fry to save them from the parents. Maybe once they’re in the bigger tank they’ll act like normal guppies for you.

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Gypsy13 said:
Oh my! My guppies are all over the place! And my danios are slacking on their job cause I keep getting new fry! I do have pretty chubby danios though. But why won’t my guppies eat their own? Everyone else has to separate the fry to save them from the parents. Maybe once they’re in the bigger tank they’ll act like normal guppies for you.
My 3 guppies are in a 10 gallon. I'd put them in my 20 gallon...but Idk if it's safe to put them in with 4 skirt tetras and 2 angel fish. My guppies have tried to eat the fry, but gave up when they moved haha.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom