Reaction score
Experience
5 years

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
White cloud indicates a bacteria bloom. What did you do the past week? Did you clean the tank thoroughly, did you wash your filters under tap water? Anything that was new to the tank, including upgrades?

Parkbench

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Fashooga said:
White cloud indicates a bacteria bloom. What did you do the past week? Did you clean the tank thoroughly, did you wash your filters under tap water? Anything that was new to the tank, including upgrades?
I added quite a few new plants but it's an established tank and I only wash filters in tank water.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When I clean my tanks I get a white cloud but only last for a few hours. You should have enough filtration with a HOB and a sponge filter on the side, if I'm reading your info right.

If the plants are melting as they are new to the system it might have caused the minor spike but there has got to be a reason...when you planted the plants, did you clean the substrate first before doing so? If so how much of it?

Parkbench

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Fashooga said:
When I clean my tanks I get a white cloud but only last for a few hours. You should have enough filtration with a HOB and a sponge filter on the side, if I'm reading your info right.

If the plants are melting as they are new to the system it might have caused the minor spike but there has got to be a reason...when you planted the plants, did you clean the substrate first before doing so? If so how much of it?
I did a pretty thorough cleaning and dug into the sand quite a bit so that could be it. It actually looks a lot better this afternoon. Fingers crossed since my numbers look good.

Parkbench

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It's not white, it's definitely green now. Much be getting too much light from the windows in the room. Any suggestions?

Rikel1

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have an aquarium sitting right in front of a window. I have a piece of black cardboard attached to the back and a full black hood to block out the light. Not sure if that would help in your situation.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You might want to reduce the time of the light in your tank since your getting natural lights from the windows that might help save it from Turning green.

You can also get an clearing agent called Algae fix.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom