Fiddler Crab?

Discussion in 'Fiddler Crab' started by airbear, Mar 22, 2006.

1. airbearNew MemberMember

I got a fiddler crab about a month ago, but it wont eat anything i give it, but flakes, and shrimp bites? What else will it eat, and how many other crabs could go with her? Ive never owned one before, it was kinda a suprise gift. Strange gift, but eh' it works...So if anyone has any advice, i need all i can get...lol
    Thank you :)

Attached Files:

2. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

It is a beautiful crab. I wish I could help you, but I know less than nothing about them. I know someone around here will come along and help as I know we have members who have mentioned having them.

How nice to meet you. Welcome to Fishlore.com. I hope you will find this to be one of your favorite sites and that you enjoy being here as much as I have and continue to do.

Rose
    :)

3. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

fish of all the crab eats with his little claw...its hard to see him eating sometimes but he will eat...hes a bottom feeder...and you need to give him access to air...yes...he doesnt breath in water...1 per 10 gallons of water....how big is ur tank?

4. RoboDudeValued MemberMember

I have 2 in a 5 gallon and they are doing fine. Yes, they do need access to air. Have fun with your little critters!

5. vinWell Known MemberMember

Crabs are scavengers by nature. They'll pretty much eat anything that falls on the bottom. Give them sinking shrimp pellets as you would for corys and other bottom feeders.

6. airbearNew MemberMember

The lil crab is in a 2 1/2 gallon, it has access to land, i had small feeder guppies in with it before, but it didnt seem to do anything...

7. airbearNew MemberMember

thats a pic of the tank, twiggy(the crab) is by the shell...but the drift wood isnt in there anymore, i have a small neon cave, the drift wood got to be annoying..

Attached Files: