Few of my select

Discussion in 'Insects' started by skar, Aug 1, 2015.

1. skar

skar Well Known Member Member

2. OP
    OP
    skar

3. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Very interesting skar. My family is not good with bugs at all, so can't keep any :(

4. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

The praying mantis is awesome. I've held a tarantula, but they aren't my favorite pets

5. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Oh my gosh the tarantula is totally AWESOME!!!! :eek: I love tarantulas! :D

6. OP
    OP
    skar

Thank you.
    It's really cool that you all enjoyed seeing them :)

7. Wendigoblue

Wendigoblue Well Known Member Member

Nice T! What species is it? I also love your mantis is it a Dead leaf or Flower mantis?

8. JoyToTheFishes

JoyToTheFishes Valued Member Member

Lol, well.. I won't be able to sleep tonight.

9. OP
    OP
    skar

Lol at joy to thefishes.

The tarantula is a Acanthoscurria geniculata and the mantid is a thistle mantid ( Blepharopsis mendica).

10. Wendigoblue

I would love an Acanthoscurria geniculata, but their larger size is a problem... Definitely one of my favorite Ts. The thistle mantis is very pretty, I've never seen one, but the pictures of them are neat!

11. OP
    OP
    skar

12. OP
    OP
    skar

[​IMG]
    Sorry it's a bit blurry.. Avicularia minatrix

13. BornThisWayBettas

Haha, totally luv your tarantula!

14. OP
    OP
    skar

Thank you so much !
    Last one is my jewel, Aphonopelma Paloma.
    She just came out for a pic.

[​IMG]

It's really cool to see that you enjoy them.

15. BornThisWayBettas

Oh, I like her coloring! Very nice! Yeah, I do enjoy looking at pictures of these wonderful spiders, wish I could keep one myself but ya know, they are a little misunderstood and it wouldn't work out too well while still living with the parents lol.

16. OP
    OP
    skar

No rush... They will always be around.
    If you ever do get a T I suggest keeping only a few. Allot of people seem to go over board with Ts.

I got my first T when I was living at my parents.. I hid it in the closet until I moved out :)
    I'm not suggesting that, however it was kind of cool to have a little secret in plain sight.

17. BornThisWayBettas

Yeah, I'd probably only want one to start with, if I ever did decide to get one. I love the colors of the Cobalt Blue and the Green Bottle Blue, but from what I hear the Chilean Rose Hair is one of the best beginner spiders, correct?

Lol, my parents would be so mad if I did that...... like, literally. How did you manage to keep the crickets hidden too?

18. Wendigoblue

I had a curly hair male, he was the meanest T I've ever seen (he normally flicked hairs at me, but he has tried to bite me through the cage and while my hand was in there)... I'm not sure about curly hairs after my male, but I know a person who owned a rose hair and they said it was a great T.

Cobalts and green bottle blues are beautiful! The orange starburst baboon are also very nice too!

19. OP
    OP
    skar

Crickets disappear fast, just buy 1 cricket for 13 cents and they are gone as soon as they hit the floor :).

All those Ts are pretty but they are very defensive. And not good if your starting out.

Rose hairs are very common and easy to get. As far as beginning with Ts its really finding what you are interested with.
    I started with a Avicularia versicolor.
    I would suggest a Avicularia Avicularia.
    They are pretty easy to find and are more interesting in my opinion.

It's great to see your interest !

20. OP
    OP
    skar

My new captive .[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice