Fertilizer in 5.5 low light bare bottom

Discussion in 'Plant Fertilizers' started by s hawk, Jun 12, 2016.

1. s hawkWell Known MemberMember

I have a 5.5 gallon tank with the finnex stingray clip light (4 watts). I am pushing limits of stocking capacity (so water has nutrients from fish in it). I have two anubias right now (nana and petco assorted). There is slow but noticeable growth over a week or so period. Have minor algae on glass. I don't remove it until it becomes a visual problem. Also my watt per glass is about 0.72. Which is a little low. Not planning on getting any more plants besides maybe some water wisteria. My question becomes can/should I use some sort of fertilizer. On requirement is that it's under $10 and easy to use.

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

3. OP
    OP
    s

s hawkWell Known MemberMember

Looked into flourish. But next time in a pet store I will look. Two questions. First about how noticeable would using a fertilizer be in terms of growth. Secondly, let's say I get flourish and while I can measure out in 0.25ml increments how careful do you have to be on dosage.

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

You won't notice a whole lot of growth (Anubias are slow growers), though this will help prevent deficiencies in micro nutrients.

I'd try to be as accurate as possible. You can probably find a small syringe at a drug store.

5. OP
    OP
    s

s hawkWell Known MemberMember

Thanks yeab knew anubias are slow growers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice