Ferdinand has arrived!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by allibobs, Apr 13, 2010.

1. allibobsWell Known MemberMember

Ferdinand has arrived!
    I sent hubby to pick him up from the LFS and came home with him and 2 females!!!!!!!! He is sooooo bad lol

464.jpg

here is one girlfriend

466.jpg

2. bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

Imma steal the little girl, k? :D She looks like my old CT girl I had (except the finnage, of course)!

Ferdinand is a handsome fella!

3. rae64Well Known MemberMember

They look great! Beautiful bettas!

Are they in the same tank? If so, the need to be separated ASAP. Females are just as aggressive as males, if not more so. They will rip eachother to pieces!

4. allibobsWell Known MemberMember

They are indeed seperate, my hospital tank or at least it was going to be is now a double of my other tank lol well almost we had most the parts just the odd bit we didn't.

I'm totally shocked at the colours on Ferdinand, when I fell in love with him in the shop he was mostly pale pink with just the very tips of his fins pale blue, he was peeping at me from behind a rock lol. Now his fins are quite vivid blue he's so pretty

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  5. rae64Well Known MemberMember

Perfect :) Just making sure, seeing as the background and heater looked the same in both pics... just made me suspicious!!

6. allibobsWell Known MemberMember

Ahhh the tanks are exactly the same as I bought 1 as a hospital tank and fell in love with Colin the betta, so bought another as a hospital as they were on sale. They turned out to be a good deal as it's a package of tank, heater, filter, nasty fake plant and ickkle light (which I'm going to change once I get paid) the back ground thingy has all the set up instructions on the back but I thought they were an ok background as the tanks are against tiles and I dont like how the tiles look through the tanks.

Looks like ! will be making a trip for another couple of these little tanks lol

As for my other girl named crystal she is in a community tank with my calmer fish for the time being.

7. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

he's so prett! and the little girl as adorable! love their colors! great find =D

8. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Wow, nice male by a long shot....I might make a flight out and take him myself lol. The little female is cute and reminds me of my female Aspen.

9. Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Pretty Boy :D

10. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Beautiful bettas! Congratulations!

11. TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Lovely boy, and such a cutie girl!! Welcome Ferdinand and friends.
    What tank deal was that? The only ones I can get here with full accessories are so expensive for the size (and the filters are pants!). e.g my 60l (15gal) was £85... If you convert that, I think we'll find it's much more expensive than the US 15 gal equivalents :(

12. bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

Eep! If the currency calculator I used is correct, that's $131 in USD. :eek: You can get a 29gal kit here for less than $100 at Petsmart and that includes filter, hood, heater, and some fish food and chemical samples (like water conditioner and Tetra Safe Start).

13. TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Yup, told you, it looks about right actually! Lucky it was an xmas present, but the point is, it's very expensive! My 3.7gal betta tanks were £27 each. It was just a plastic tank with filter and "free" useless Cycle!! Heater not included as sold as a goldfish tank, disgusting. The heater was also about £18 by the way! This is why whenever someone here says they got a bargain, I like to enquire more...

Next time I'm in US (hopefully in next few years!!) I'm coming back with a couple of Aquaclear HOBs, and maybe a stealth heater or 2 haha!

14. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Beautiful fish! Thanks for sharing the photos.:happy0064:
    I hope you have years of enjoyment with them!

Keep us posted.
    Ken

15. Goldwing_DonWell Known MemberMember

Very Pretty Bettas

16. hooxeiiWell Known MemberMember

Cute fish :)

17. allibobsWell Known MemberMember

So sorry not to have replied sooner didnt spot your reply.

Do you have a qualitysave or home bargains store any wear near you? I know they are a chain of shops just not sure of their locations. In there at the momeny they have 3.7 gal tanks that are glass that come with a filter ( i was really dubious about the filter at first BUT this filter has saved my baby endlers from a huge ammonia spike) hood, plant (plastic), air pump (suprisingly quiet) & back ground for £10 and the ellite 25watt heater is perfect for this tank and you can get them for about £8 I have found the heaters in several garden centers with fish sections

18. JequilaValued MemberMember

Beautiful boy! :D I love his blue fins.

And Tigerfishy, I feel you on the expensive tanks :( I'm looking at a 20L (5g), it's $70 with no heater as well, so add $15 for heater. Is this normal?? My big tanks was second hand so I'm not sure about retail pricing.

19. Chris123Well Known MemberMember

Nice Boy

I love his Blue tint

20. TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

That's OK! Thanks very much for the info, will have a look, I'll google it or something!

I'm glad it's not just me with the expensive tank situation, and I wonder why I have no money. "Just ONE more tank... and a plant...and that's a nice ornament"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice