Feng Shui

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyC4C

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So water pictures and fish tanks are a big no no in the bedroom according to feng shui... to be honest I have never felt more at peace since I put one in my room... I definitely think feng shui has got this all wrong.

What's all your opinions on this?

lp89

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My tank is the focal point of my bedroom.

The sound of the water is so peaceful, and have grown so used to it that I have trouble sleeping anywhere else without it. I've had to download white noise on my iPod...

kellyiswicked

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I agree it was a very peaceful presence in my room. Just the quiet reminder of other life in the room. If I woke up from a nightmare or the like, the soft purr of the filter is actually reassuring, instead of pure silence.

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am with you guys on this :) I have 4 tanks setup in here and they are very calming to me! I do have a few issues sleeping without the noise of the bubble in the turtle tank or the filter in my betta tank...

Featherfin

Valued Member
Reaction score
I never understood that rule!! I wanted to do some feng shui stuff but once I learned you can't have fish tanks in your room I said forget it ha. I have 15 tanks in my room and it's great I actually don't think I could sleep without the filters running. Way too quiet when the power goes out.

oscarsbud

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm with you guys. Our bedroom is off the living room where all the tanks are set up. Water change day, when the water levels are up to their max, it is sometimes hard for me to fall asleep because I'm not hearing the waterfall noise from the one HOB filter. I find it to be very soothing.

AnthonyC4C

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Feng Shui, speaks that water is suppose to bring you wealth, prosperity, and abundance... and the bedroom is fire... water is more powerful than fire and would put out fire... speaking of aquariums, fountains and pictures of water in the bedroom would douse romantic relationships, cause conflict and lead to extra marital affairs...

Funny feng shui would blame water instead of people making choices but what is weird... My entire life I have been a pretty spiritual person and to me water has only meant Life and Health.... Wealth has nothing to do with spiritual gain...therefore has no place in any spiritual findings of bettering who you are...

Now what's funny is my bedroom has a MASSIVE red wall, red, brown or black, sheets, pictures with red accents and furniture is all espresso and black... I guess if you were looking at my room in a feng shui perspective it would be the focal representation of fire lol.

But my overall thoughts that even though feng shui is 3000 years old and traditional beliefs are followed, I am stupefied that nobody has questioned that feng shui would be wrong on this.

llfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would love one a big tank in my bedroom! I tried a small 5gallon betta tank and my husband kept complaining, I loved it I found it very soothing. So I moved it out ;( I also felt bad because I was worried my betta was lonely because I do not go in my room much during the day, so he in in the kitchen now and loves the action and visits in there. But agreed soothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom