Female's Fins Chewed Off

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by adonahue, Apr 18, 2018.

1. a

adonahue New Member Member

My female Betta, who up until 4 days ago was very happy in my community tank. Then I saw that she must have been attacked by another fish. Her fins were torn and her caudal fin was down to almost nothing. I have moved her to a tank of her own. She is active, eating, and chilling. I have been treating her water with Bettafix. My question is will her fins grow back and how long does it take. When should I expect to see some improvement?
    IMG_1256.jpeg

2. Demeter

Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

Keep the water clean and warm, daily partial water changes will help.

I think her fins will grow back but will take about a month till its back to normal. No more being in a community, bettas aren’t meant for communities. Peaceful bottom feeders or no tank mates IMO.

3. Bettafishies126

Bettafishies126 Valued Member Member

Aw the poor baby :( they will grow back but I wouldn't recommend bettafix long term, clean water is best.

4. OP
    OP
    a

Thank you so much for such timely responses! I test her water a change accordingly every day. I was going to use the bettafix for 7 days. What about Dr Tim’s First Defense or API Stress coat ... or simply water changes?

5. Bettafishies126

Bettafishies126 Valued Member Member

Water changes would be best.
    I have no idea why those images are there it doesn't say they are when I edit the post
    *edit* I got them to go away lol

6. OP
    OP
    a

Just wanted to let everyone know that my Betta has returned to her glorious self and now lives in a very happy sorority tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice